I started working on my blouse for Flandre, and I decided rather than making a plain blouse, I should spice it up a bit. I will make a lolita blouse with lace and ruffles! The blouse will sadly be covered by the red vest on the outside anyways, so I’m adding a lot of extra details needed to the blouse.
Started drafting it and what not.
There’s so many pieces for this blouse versus a normal blouse would have a back piece, two front pieces, sleeves, collar, and 1-2 other pieces. This one takes like 5 pieces to make up the back piece. I’m actually following a pattern from my Gosu Rori Sewing magazine and since it’s all in Japanese, I wasn’t sure whether to put seam allowance or not and ended up messing up. I actually cut all the pieces out already and sewed the back together to realize the pieces don’t match. I tried to add extra length to the pieces here and there, but it just didn’t work, so I had to redraft everything, add seam allowance and etc. Lucky enough I bought almost enough cloth to cover up for my mistake, but I still had to buy a little extra since I ran out.
This was the part of the back; it called for shirring which is also a new technique I haven’t tried before. I feel like I’ve been working with a lot of elastic lately. o.o
I thought making the blouse was really fun getting to add so much detail into it. I thought the ribbon was a nice finishing touch; now I can’t wait to see the result!