Sleeves~ POOFY sleeves, are fun. XD I gathered the sleeves on the bottom and it actually turned out too tight, so I had to undo the stitches and redo then.
This was before I had figured out where I wanted to place the ribbon.
Sewed on the ribbon. It was a bit hard since I was sewing such a small bias tape onto an uneven surface; in this case, all those gathers. I actually bought some red bias tape for this part, but it turned out to be a shade lighter, so I ended up having to make mine own 1/4 inch bias tape.
Finished up the sleeves and started working on the bottom of the blouse. More frills. lol Two rows of them. But before that, I took a snack break. Ate some anchovies with sesame seed with a bit of spiciness. It was yummy~
Serging yards and yards of cloth strips for ruffles. Takes so much thread.
I’ve been dealing with the collar the whole day and it’s been aggravating me since I couldn’t get it right. I finally got it right. I’ll sew it together tomorrow, for now I just pinned it.
IT’S SO FRILLY. o.o A lot more than I intended it to be, but all good.
MORE gathering ruffles.
The two tiers of ruffles~
And the collar~ I still thinking it’s a bit overkill. lol
And now I need to do Japanese and Astronomy homework. OTL
It’s been a while since I’ve updated my sewing progress on my Flandre cosplay. Well as you know, I’m working on the blouse right now. I decided to make a more complicated version of the blouse so I could wear it on other occasions rather than just for that cosplay. I’ve done the shirring on the back piece so I started working on the two front pieces. I bought some lace and ribbon for this to put on the front, and I have to say I like how it looks.
I only laid the pieces out on the fabric to get a general idea of what it’ll look like in the picture above. But I went ahead and sewed it all up.
Went ahead and sewn on the piece for where the buttons and button holes will go.
AND Ta-da~ The body of the outfit is done. Now I have to make the collar, sleeves, and I’ll be putting two tiers of ruffles on the bottom of the blouse.
I started working on my blouse for Flandre, and I decided rather than making a plain blouse, I should spice it up a bit. I will make a lolita blouse with lace and ruffles! The blouse will sadly be covered by the red vest on the outside anyways, so I’m adding a lot of extra details needed to the blouse.
Started drafting it and what not.
There’s so many pieces for this blouse versus a normal blouse would have a back piece, two front pieces, sleeves, collar, and 1-2 other pieces. This one takes like 5 pieces to make up the back piece. I’m actually following a pattern from my Gosu Rori Sewing magazine and since it’s all in Japanese, I wasn’t sure whether to put seam allowance or not and ended up messing up. I actually cut all the pieces out already and sewed the back together to realize the pieces don’t match. I tried to add extra length to the pieces here and there, but it just didn’t work, so I had to redraft everything, add seam allowance and etc. Lucky enough I bought almost enough cloth to cover up for my mistake, but I still had to buy a little extra since I ran out.
This was the part of the back; it called for shirring which is also a new technique I haven’t tried before. I feel like I’ve been working with a lot of elastic lately. o.o
I thought making the blouse was really fun getting to add so much detail into it. I thought the ribbon was a nice finishing touch; now I can’t wait to see the result!