flandre

All posts tagged flandre

late night sewing.

Published September 4, 2012 by princeshinkei

I’ve been dealing with the collar the whole day and it’s been aggravating me since I couldn’t get it right.  I finally got it right.  I’ll sew it together tomorrow, for now I just pinned it.
IT’S SO FRILLY.  o.o  A lot more than I intended it to be, but all good.

MORE gathering ruffles.

ruffles

The two tiers of ruffles~

tier

And the collar~  I still thinking it’s a bit overkill.  lol

overkill

And now I need to do Japanese and Astronomy homework.  OTL

continuation of the blouse.

Published September 3, 2012 by princeshinkei

It’s been a while since I’ve updated my sewing progress on my Flandre cosplay. Well as you know, I’m working on the blouse right now. I decided to make a more complicated version of the blouse so I could wear it on other occasions rather than just for that cosplay. I’ve done the shirring on the back piece so I started working on the two front pieces. I bought some lace and ribbon for this to put on the front, and I have to say I like how it looks.

ribbon

I only laid the pieces out on the fabric to get a general idea of what it’ll look like in the picture above.  But I went ahead and sewed it all up.

sewn

Went ahead and sewn on the piece for where the buttons and button holes will go.

button

AND Ta-da~  The body of the outfit is done.  Now I have to make the collar, sleeves, and I’ll be putting two tiers of ruffles on the bottom of the blouse.

blouse

two times the blouse.

Published August 11, 2012 by princeshinkei

I started working on my blouse for Flandre, and I decided rather than making a plain blouse, I should spice it up a bit.  I will make a lolita blouse with lace and ruffles!  The blouse will sadly be covered by the red vest on the outside anyways, so I’m adding a lot of extra details needed to the blouse.

Started drafting it and what not.

draft

There’s so many pieces for this blouse versus a normal blouse would have a back piece, two front pieces, sleeves, collar, and 1-2 other pieces.  This one takes like 5 pieces to make up the back piece.  I’m actually following a pattern from my Gosu Rori Sewing magazine and since it’s all in Japanese, I wasn’t sure whether to put seam allowance or not and ended up messing up.  I actually cut all the pieces out already and sewed the back together to realize the pieces don’t match.  I tried to add extra length to the pieces here and there, but it just didn’t work, so I had to redraft everything, add seam allowance and etc.  Lucky enough I bought almost enough cloth to cover up for my mistake, but I still had to buy a little extra since I ran out.

This was the part of the back; it called for shirring which is also a new technique I haven’t tried before.  I feel like I’ve been working with a lot of elastic lately.  o.o

shirring

I thought making the blouse was really fun getting to add so much detail into it.  I thought the ribbon was a nice finishing touch; now I can’t wait to see the result!

back

too much cake.

Published August 4, 2012 by princeshinkei

I ate too much cake today, now I feel sick.  I usually don’t eat sweets, but I’ve been having cravings for it for some reason.  That and junk food.  I want to eat pizza!  o.o Someone help me DX

Besides that, I placed my ruffles around my dress to pin.  I was having a hard time pinning them down, so I ended up just spreading it on the floor.

skirt

Pinning the skirt took longer than expected as well, but I was a bit distracted by Netflix.  I don’t remember what I was watching though.  I sewed the ruffles on afterwards, but to my dismay, they turned out different lengths.  I decided to just let it go and continue.    I hemmed up the red part of the skirt, then I sewed the waistband together and inserted elastic inside it.  I wish I learned from my previous mistake, but I made the elastic band too loose again.  Well, not loose, but it wasn’t as tight as I would have liked it.

This is the finished product~  ;D  I wore it with bloomers underneath it.

with bloomers

This is with an ultra poofy petticoat.  The lighting in the kitchen was better.

with petticoat

Right now, I can’t decide whether I like it with or without the petticoat.  I feel like it’s too poofy, but without it, it’s too flat.  I wish I had something in between.
Next I have to make the blouse!

skirt lining.

Published July 29, 2012 by princeshinkei

Today I will line my skirt.  I’ve never actually lined any of my skirts before, but Flandre’s skirt calls for it.  She has ruffles on the bottom of the lining for the skirt inside.  My last outfit I made for her, I cheated and attached the ruffles to the hem on the inside of the skirt so it looked like there was lining inside, but there really wasn’t.  I decided I’m going to go all out on this cosplay this time around, so I’ll actually attach lining.

This is the skirt without lining.
skirt no lining

The white part actually turned out larger than the red cloth on the outside, so I had to gather it a bit
pins and lining

To be honest, I was really anxious to seeing how this would turn out since I had no prior experience in doing this. I kind of visualized how I thought it would turned out, and it turned out nicely!
lining sewed

Annnnddd, this is the skirt! Not done yet, but it looks pretty. You can’t see the lining, but there will be ruffles on the bottom of it soon enough.
skirt

Ruffles and gathering next~ Can’t wait!