lolita

All posts tagged lolita

continuation of the blouse.

Published September 3, 2012 by princeshinkei

It’s been a while since I’ve updated my sewing progress on my Flandre cosplay. Well as you know, I’m working on the blouse right now. I decided to make a more complicated version of the blouse so I could wear it on other occasions rather than just for that cosplay. I’ve done the shirring on the back piece so I started working on the two front pieces. I bought some lace and ribbon for this to put on the front, and I have to say I like how it looks.

ribbon

I only laid the pieces out on the fabric to get a general idea of what it’ll look like in the picture above.  But I went ahead and sewed it all up.

sewn

Went ahead and sewn on the piece for where the buttons and button holes will go.

button

AND Ta-da~  The body of the outfit is done.  Now I have to make the collar, sleeves, and I’ll be putting two tiers of ruffles on the bottom of the blouse.

blouse

two times the blouse.

Published August 11, 2012 by princeshinkei

I started working on my blouse for Flandre, and I decided rather than making a plain blouse, I should spice it up a bit.  I will make a lolita blouse with lace and ruffles!  The blouse will sadly be covered by the red vest on the outside anyways, so I’m adding a lot of extra details needed to the blouse.

Started drafting it and what not.

draft

There’s so many pieces for this blouse versus a normal blouse would have a back piece, two front pieces, sleeves, collar, and 1-2 other pieces.  This one takes like 5 pieces to make up the back piece.  I’m actually following a pattern from my Gosu Rori Sewing magazine and since it’s all in Japanese, I wasn’t sure whether to put seam allowance or not and ended up messing up.  I actually cut all the pieces out already and sewed the back together to realize the pieces don’t match.  I tried to add extra length to the pieces here and there, but it just didn’t work, so I had to redraft everything, add seam allowance and etc.  Lucky enough I bought almost enough cloth to cover up for my mistake, but I still had to buy a little extra since I ran out.

This was the part of the back; it called for shirring which is also a new technique I haven’t tried before.  I feel like I’ve been working with a lot of elastic lately.  o.o

shirring

I thought making the blouse was really fun getting to add so much detail into it.  I thought the ribbon was a nice finishing touch; now I can’t wait to see the result!

back