Sleeves~ POOFY sleeves, are fun. XD I gathered the sleeves on the bottom and it actually turned out too tight, so I had to undo the stitches and redo then.
This was before I had figured out where I wanted to place the ribbon.
Sewed on the ribbon. It was a bit hard since I was sewing such a small bias tape onto an uneven surface; in this case, all those gathers. I actually bought some red bias tape for this part, but it turned out to be a shade lighter, so I ended up having to make mine own 1/4 inch bias tape.
Finished up the sleeves and started working on the bottom of the blouse. More frills. lol Two rows of them. But before that, I took a snack break. Ate some anchovies with sesame seed with a bit of spiciness. It was yummy~
Serging yards and yards of cloth strips for ruffles. Takes so much thread.
I’ve been dealing with the collar the whole day and it’s been aggravating me since I couldn’t get it right. I finally got it right. I’ll sew it together tomorrow, for now I just pinned it.
IT’S SO FRILLY. o.o A lot more than I intended it to be, but all good.
MORE gathering ruffles.
The two tiers of ruffles~
And the collar~ I still thinking it’s a bit overkill. lol
And now I need to do Japanese and Astronomy homework. OTL
It’s been a while since I’ve updated my sewing progress on my Flandre cosplay. Well as you know, I’m working on the blouse right now. I decided to make a more complicated version of the blouse so I could wear it on other occasions rather than just for that cosplay. I’ve done the shirring on the back piece so I started working on the two front pieces. I bought some lace and ribbon for this to put on the front, and I have to say I like how it looks.
I only laid the pieces out on the fabric to get a general idea of what it’ll look like in the picture above. But I went ahead and sewed it all up.
Went ahead and sewn on the piece for where the buttons and button holes will go.
AND Ta-da~ The body of the outfit is done. Now I have to make the collar, sleeves, and I’ll be putting two tiers of ruffles on the bottom of the blouse.
I ate too much cake today, now I feel sick. I usually don’t eat sweets, but I’ve been having cravings for it for some reason. That and junk food. I want to eat pizza! o.o Someone help me DX
Besides that, I placed my ruffles around my dress to pin. I was having a hard time pinning them down, so I ended up just spreading it on the floor.
Pinning the skirt took longer than expected as well, but I was a bit distracted by Netflix. I don’t remember what I was watching though. I sewed the ruffles on afterwards, but to my dismay, they turned out different lengths. I decided to just let it go and continue. I hemmed up the red part of the skirt, then I sewed the waistband together and inserted elastic inside it. I wish I learned from my previous mistake, but I made the elastic band too loose again. Well, not loose, but it wasn’t as tight as I would have liked it.
This is the finished product~ ;D I wore it with bloomers underneath it.
This is with an ultra poofy petticoat. The lighting in the kitchen was better.
Right now, I can’t decide whether I like it with or without the petticoat. I feel like it’s too poofy, but without it, it’s too flat. I wish I had something in between.
Next I have to make the blouse!
I started getting lazy, I’ve still been sewing, but just not as much and I get distracted easily. So time to start updating this blog regularly again to keep me on track! Wow I wasn’t expecting to take so long on ruffles. The idea behind it seems simple but it took me one whole day just to cut, iron, and sew 294 inches of ruffles [and I was still short, had to make some more]. I had to cut out five and a half 4 x 28 pieces of cloth and sew them together.
Looks so nice all cut out….still so much to do though.
I also overcasted the whole piece as well.
I would say this part was the most fun part of the experience. I was going to hand gather it, but due to the nature of the material, it gathered by itself. Tension wasn’t even high.
And….DONE! Nice ruffles that needs attaching now.
I attached the ruffles on the skirt with pins to see what it would look like. I would have to say I really like how “ruffly” it looks.
I was very pleased with the outcome and I felt really successful! Next post, I’ll be putting the ruffles on the actual skirt.