I went to the mall with my friend today to treat her to some Godiva Chocolate and we ended up window shopping. I recently just bought red velvet looking leggings and I wanted to find something to match it. I found the black skirt on the left and wanted to try it on, but I needed to find a top to go along with it. I picked the white top because it looked interesting and turns out I liked the white top better than I did the skirts I found. lol I didn’t buy it, but I think I might go back to the store and buy it. XD
I ate too much cake today, now I feel sick. I usually don’t eat sweets, but I’ve been having cravings for it for some reason. That and junk food. I want to eat pizza! o.o Someone help me DX
Besides that, I placed my ruffles around my dress to pin. I was having a hard time pinning them down, so I ended up just spreading it on the floor.
Pinning the skirt took longer than expected as well, but I was a bit distracted by Netflix. I don’t remember what I was watching though. I sewed the ruffles on afterwards, but to my dismay, they turned out different lengths. I decided to just let it go and continue. I hemmed up the red part of the skirt, then I sewed the waistband together and inserted elastic inside it. I wish I learned from my previous mistake, but I made the elastic band too loose again. Well, not loose, but it wasn’t as tight as I would have liked it.
This is the finished product~ ;D I wore it with bloomers underneath it.
This is with an ultra poofy petticoat. The lighting in the kitchen was better.
Right now, I can’t decide whether I like it with or without the petticoat. I feel like it’s too poofy, but without it, it’s too flat. I wish I had something in between.
Next I have to make the blouse!
I started getting lazy, I’ve still been sewing, but just not as much and I get distracted easily. So time to start updating this blog regularly again to keep me on track! Wow I wasn’t expecting to take so long on ruffles. The idea behind it seems simple but it took me one whole day just to cut, iron, and sew 294 inches of ruffles [and I was still short, had to make some more]. I had to cut out five and a half 4 x 28 pieces of cloth and sew them together.
Looks so nice all cut out….still so much to do though.
I also overcasted the whole piece as well.
I would say this part was the most fun part of the experience. I was going to hand gather it, but due to the nature of the material, it gathered by itself. Tension wasn’t even high.
And….DONE! Nice ruffles that needs attaching now.
I attached the ruffles on the skirt with pins to see what it would look like. I would have to say I really like how “ruffly” it looks.
I was very pleased with the outcome and I felt really successful! Next post, I’ll be putting the ruffles on the actual skirt.
Today I will line my skirt. I’ve never actually lined any of my skirts before, but Flandre’s skirt calls for it. She has ruffles on the bottom of the lining for the skirt inside. My last outfit I made for her, I cheated and attached the ruffles to the hem on the inside of the skirt so it looked like there was lining inside, but there really wasn’t. I decided I’m going to go all out on this cosplay this time around, so I’ll actually attach lining.
This is the skirt without lining.
The white part actually turned out larger than the red cloth on the outside, so I had to gather it a bit
To be honest, I was really anxious to seeing how this would turn out since I had no prior experience in doing this. I kind of visualized how I thought it would turned out, and it turned out nicely!
Annnnddd, this is the skirt! Not done yet, but it looks pretty. You can’t see the lining, but there will be ruffles on the bottom of it soon enough.